Daily supervision of activities within the Commercial department including contribution to defining commercial strategy and effective implementation, negotiations with suppliers, and setting pricing guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing Department Strategy and Category plans, selecting brands and items and setting the prices.
- Monitoring performance of the assigned commercial departments across store formats – sales, gross margin, Profit & Loss; in alignment with the Company’s targets.
- Defining and maintaining local assortment and integrating basic assortment for the Department/Categories.
- Pricing the items based on set guidelines.
- Identifying local promo products and pricing each item, submitting relevant reordering information to replenishment.
- Coordinating with other functions, Operations, Logistics, and E&M as well as other areas in merchandise such as Private label, Promo, Display, etc.
- Selecting local suppliers, negotiating, and purchasing in line with expected needs guided by the corporate guidelines and standards such as cost price, discounts, rebates, payments term discounts, etc.
- Reviewing and attending to/resolving any issues with local suppliers.
- Contributing to the company’s Promotional activities as required.
- Collecting market prices and conducting country price audits.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in merchandising preferably with a leading retailer (Buying or/and Sales experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Energetic and motivated personality with great multitasking.
- Proficient in MS office
- Must have excellent interpersonal and networking skills. An ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers and colleagues.